- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- artificial sweetener, to equal 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon watkins vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 slices raisin bread
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon honey, heated
- 2 teaspoons shredded coconut
- In shallow bowl, combine eggs with buttermilk, sweetener, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Dip bread into egg mixture, turning on both sides.
- Let stand until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Heat margarine in nonstick skillet and add bread, pour any remaining egg mixture over bread.
- Cook, turning to brown both sides.
- Transfer to nonstick baking sheet; spread each slice with 1/2 tsp honey and sprinkle each with 1 tsp coconut.
- Broil 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.