Macaroni Grill Chick l’Orange soy sauce-flavored chicken breast sliced with Andouille, carrots, pepperseasoned with garlic and the flavor of citrus served over rice and steamed broccoli.
- 8 to 10 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced thin
- 2 oz. soy sauce
- 1/2 oz. olive oil
- 1/4 oz. diced carrots
- 1/4 oz. diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 oz. diced Andouille or smoked sausage
- 1/4 oz. diced celery
- 1/4 oz. diced onion
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 splash white wine
- 1 cup orange juice cooked white rice, to serve steamed broccoli, to serve
1. With sharp knife, cut chicken breast in half, and then in half again from side to side.
2. Dip chicken pieces in soy sauce.
3. Place large skillet over medium-high heat; add oil and heat. Add carrots, red bell peppers and andouille; saute for 2 minutes; add celery and onion; saute another 2 minutes or until onions are clear and vegetables have a slight burning to the edges.
4. Add chicken, searing both sides, while scraping the bottom of the pan to prevent burning; add garlic.
5. Pour wine along edge of pan to deglaze; add orange juice; reduce by half. You want a nice, rich brown sauce, with a slight hint of orange.
6. Serve with white rice and steamed broccoli.