PEACH FROZEN YOGURT
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 1/2 pound peaches, peeled & quartered
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Combine the first 3 ingredients in a saucepan. Stir in milk; let stand 1 minute. Place over low heat; cook 5 minutes or until the gelatin dissolves, stirring constantly.
2. Remove from heat; stir in the cornsyrup. Let the mixture cool completely. In a food processor add the peaches and process until smooth; scraping the sides of the processor bowl occasionally.
3. Combine the peach purée, gelatin mixture, yogurt, and vanilla in a large bowl; stir well. Cover and chill 8 hours.
4. Pour mixture into a ice cream machine and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.