The peach sauce in this recipe brings a zesty twist to your normal everyday pork chop recipe. Baking the pork chops makes them tenderer compared to simply frying them.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
* 1 tablespoon olive oil
* Salt and black pepper to taste
* 4 boneless pork chops
* 1 cup Riesling wine
* 3 under ripe peaches, pitted, and cut into 12 wedges each
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
* 1 tablespoon brown sugar
1. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and preheat oven to 350oF.
2. Using medium heat, in a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Flavor the pork chops generously with salt and black pepper. Cook the meat in the hot olive oil for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
3. Arrange the pork chops on the baking sheet and bake for about 20-25 minutes and when a thermometer is inserted into the middle reads 145 F.
4. Bring to simmer Riesling wine in a skillet while the chops are baking, and scrape loose the browned bits of pork using a wooden spoon. Continue to simmer until the Riesling is reduced to 1/2 and then add in the peaches. Add brown sugar and dash the spices. Continue to cook until they are tender. Do not allow the peaches to overcook. This should only take 15 minutes on low heat.
5. Serve pork with the sauce spooned to top.