Cheesecake with raspberry sauce recipe
- 1/4 c Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 500 ml Cottage Cheese, 2% Fat
- 500 g Cream Cheese – Fat Free Philadelphia
- 1 c Sugar
- 2 tb Cornstarch
- 1 ts Vanilla Extract
- 1 ea Egg
- 2 ea Egg Whites
- 300 g Raspberries, Frozen Thawed
- 1 tb Cornstarch
- 1/2 c Jelly
1. Sprinkle graham crumbs evenly over bottom of lightly greased 9 inch spring form pan. Puree well drained cottage cheese in processor until smooth.
2. Add cream cheese, cut into cubes and continue processing until smooth. With processor on, gradually add sugar, cornstarch and vanilla.
3. Add egg and egg whites, one at a time to cream cheese mixture; process using on and off action until just blended; pour into pan. Bake at 450 for 10 min.; reduce to 250 and bake 35 – 40 min. Cool.
4. Refrigerate overnight. Serve with Raspberry sauce. Raspberry Sauce: Drain thawed, frozen raspberries, reserving juice. Place berries in sieve; crush to extract additional juice.
5. Discard seeds. Whisk cornstarch and heated jelly into juice. Cook sauce in microwave on High until thickened (1-2 min). Refrigerate until cool.
Makes 1 1/4 cups.