- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 Pinch salt
- 4 cups fresh blackberries washed and capped
- 1 15 ounce pac refrigerated pie crusts
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon sugar
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well. Add berries, and toss gently; set aside. Unfold pie crusts. Fit 1 pie crust into a 9-inch pie plate according to package directions.
2. Spoon berry mixture into crust; dot with butter. Roll remaining pie crust to press out fold lines; cut into 1/2-inch strips.
3. Arrange strips in a lattice design over filling; fold edges under, and crimp. Sprinkle lattice with remaining tablespoon sugar.
4. Bake at 400º for 40 minutes, shielding pie with aluminum foil near end of baking, if necessary. Serve with ice cream.
Yield: 1 9-inch Pie