Bourbon Chicken A tangy, boneless chicken dish marinated and smothered in bourbon sauce.
- 1 lb. chicken leg or thigh meat, cut in bite-sized chunks
- 4 oz. soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup Jim Beam bourbon whiskey
- 2 tablespoons white wine
1. Place chicken in glass bowl or baking pan.
2. In small bowl, combine all remaining ingredients (except 2 tablespoons wine); mix well; pour over chicken to coat; turn chicken pieces to coat well.
3. Cover and refrigerate for several hours, turning chicken occasionally. If using baking pan, make sure chicken is in single layer.
4. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place baking pan in preheated oven; bake, basting
every 10 minutes, until cooked through, about 1 hour.
5. When done, remove chicken to serving platter; keep warm. Scrape pan juices with all the browned bits
into skillet; heat; add white wine. Stir and add chicken. Cook for 1 minute and serve.