Brie, Pear and Walnut Sandwiches Buttery Brie, ripe pears, sweet toasted walnuts and peppery watercressan elegant quartet of flavors in a casual sandwich setting.
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 8 hearty bread slices
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 medium ripe pears (Bosc, d’Anjou, Comice or Bartlett), cored and sliced ¼-inch thick
- 1 cup watercress tips and leaves, rinsed and patted dry
1. Toast walnuts in a small sauté pan over medium-high heat until lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and set aside. Preheat oven to 300°F.
3. On half the bread slices, place equal amounts of the walnuts, Brie, pear and watercress.
4. Top with remaining bread, place on a baking sheet and bake until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown, about 10 minutes. Serve hot.
Makes 4 servings.