This is a great Christmas candy to have at home with your family or give as a gift.
- 4 (16 ounce) jars peanut butter
- 3 1/2 (16 ounce) packages confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 (12 ounce) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
1. Blend together the peanut butter, sugar and melted butter. Allow to chill in refrigerator.
2. Roll into 1 inch round balls and return to refrigerator.
3. In a double boiler over medium heat, melt the chocolate and shortening. Whisk together until smooth.
Original recipe yield: 12 dozen.