Chocolate amaretto cheesecake recipe
- 1 1/2 c Chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/3 c Heavy cream
- 1 c Blanched almonds, lightly toasted and chopped
- 1/2 c Amaretto
- 2 ts Vanilla
- 1/3 c Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 6 t b Butter, softened
- 2 c Sour cream
- 24 oz Cream cheese, softened
- 1 t b Sugar
- 1 c Sugar
- 1 c Blanched almonds, lightly
1. Preheat oven to 375. Combine crumbs, almonds, sugar and butter.
2. Pat mixture on bottom and sides of a 10 inch spring form pan. cream together the cream cheese, sugar, heavy cream, liqueur, and 1 t vanilla.
3. Beat in eggs, 1 at a beating well after each addition. Beat mixture until light. Pour into cru lined pan. Bake in middle of oven for 1 1/2 hours or until top of cake and knife inserted in middle comes out clean. Let stand on rack 5 minutes.
4. Combine sour cream, 1 t vanilla, and sugar. Mix well and spread evenly over cake. Bake for 5 more minutes. Place on rack and let cool completely. cove lightly with wax paper and let chill overnight.
5. When ready to serve, remove sides from pan and garnish with toasted almonds around outer edge and on to of cake.