Mocha Fondue Update chocolate fondue with a hint of coffee, and serve it with meringue cookies as crispy dippers.
- 1 4-ounce package sweet baking chocolate, broken up
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2/3 cup light cream or milk
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee crystals
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 3 assorted fruits (such as star fruit slices, pineapple chunks, kiwi fruit wedges, strawberries, pear slices, banana slices)
- 1/2 Meringue cookies
1. In a heavy saucepan combine chocolates, cream, sugar, and coffee crystals.
2. Heat and stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
3. Remove from heat; stir in liqueur.
4. Pour into a fondue pot; keep warm over low heat.
5. Serve with fruit and cookies.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.