Chocolate Mousse all the pleasures of a warm flour less chocolate souffle cake baked in this fabulously smooth dessert.
- butter and sugar for coating ramekins
- 5 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon sugar pinch of salt
- 9 oz dark chocolate
- 4 egg yolks whipped cream, for garnish chocolate sprinkles, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 340 degrees F. Generously butter ovenproof ramekins; sprinkle with sugar, shaking to coat; pour out excess sugar; set aside.
2. In medium bowl, beat egg whites, sugar and salt until stiff.
3. Melt chocolate in top of double-boiler; stir in egg yolks.
4. Carefully fold half of beaten egg whites into chocolate; mix gently; add remaining egg whites; mix gently.
5. Pour mixture into prepared ramekins. Place filled ramekins in a deep baking pan; carefully fill with water halfway up sides of ramekins without splashing water in filled ramekins. Bake 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Carefully remove ramekins from hot water to dish towel to dry sides of ramekins. Discard hot water.
7. Invert onto individual plates or on a platter. Garnish with a dollop of whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles.