Chocolate Peanut Biscotti
- 2 1/4 c All-Purpose Flour
- 2 1/4 ts Baking powder
- 1/3 c Butter, room temperature
- 2/3 c Granulated sugar
- 3 lg Eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 c (3 oz) semisweet-chocolate chips, melted
- 1 ts Vanilla extract
- 3/4 c Unsalted dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 c Mini-size M&M’s candies White from
- 1 lg eggWhite from
- 1 lg egg
1. Mix flour and baking powder. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer until blended. Beat in eggs, then melted chocolate and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture, peanuts and mini-size candies. Divide dough in half (2 cups per half). Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 hours or until firm enough to handle. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Lightly grease one large cookie sheet. With a fork, lightly beat egg white in a small bowl. Put both pieces off dough on cookie sheet, about 4 inches apart. With floured hands, shape into 14×1 1/2-inch logs. Brush with egg white. Bake 25 to 30 minutes until firm when pressed in center. (Tops may crack slightly.)
3. Remove cookie sheet from oven to a wire rack. (Leave oven on.) Let logs cool 10 minutes, then slide them onto a cutting board. With a large serrated knife, cut each log diagonally in 30 slices. Lay slices on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes longer, turning once, until dry and lightly toasted.
4. Cool completely on cookie sheets on wire rack. Store airtight up to 1 month or freeze. Prep: 20 min. Chill: 3 hr.
Bake: 40 min.