A tasty and flavorful stir-fry dish of beef served with rice and vegetables.
- 12 oz. sliced beef tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon soy bean oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 oz. soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon rice wine
- 2 oz. green onion sticks, 3” long green part only
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1. Heat oil in a sauté pan. Add the beef and cook for 30-60 seconds or until cooked. Note: Beef should be lightly browned around the edges and gray throughout the rest of the surface.
2. Add garlic and toss.
3. Add the rice wine, soy sauce, and sugar. Bring to a boil.
4. Cook and reduce the sauce around the beef until all sauce has caramelized onto the beef. The sauté pan should be “dry” (no flowing sauce) before proceeding onto the next step.
5. Add the green onion sticks and toss to incorporate into the beef. A few tosses are all that are needed; do not wilt the green onion sticks!
6. Add sesame oil and toss to coat.
7. Serve with white or brown rice and stir-fry vegetables.