Orange Chocolate Chip Bread
- 1/2 c Skim milk
- 1/2 c Plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/3 c Sugar
- 1/4 c Orange juice
- 1 Egg; slightly beaten
- 1 tb Orange peel; freshly grated
- 3 c All-purpose biscuit baking m
- 1/2 c Hershey’s mini chips semi-sweet
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan or spray with vegetable cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, stir together milk, yogurt, sugar, orange juice, egg and orange peel; add baking mix.
3. With spoon, beat until well blended, about 1 min. Stir in small chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 45 to 50 mins or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 mins; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely before slicing. Garnish as desired.
4. Wrap leftover bread in foil or plastic wrap. Store at room temperature or freeze for longer storage.
Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices)