Pan Fried Trout
- 2 lb trout; whole or fillets
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 salt & pepper; to taste
1. the trout under cold running water. Pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Melt the butter in a large heavy skillet on medium-high heat. Coat the trout in corn meal and shake off the excess.
3. When the butter is melted, place the coated trout, flesh side down, in the skillet.
4. Fry 4-5 minutes, then turn and fry 4-5 minutes or until the flesh is golden brown and flaky.
(Trout may be seasoned with garlic or onion powder before frying, if desired.)