Peanut Butter, Banana and Date Pita Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup chunky or smooth old-fashioned peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 whole wheat pita breads (pocket bread)
- 8 pitted dates, chopped
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled, sliced
1. In small bowl combine peanut butter and honey; mix well.
2. Lightly toast pita breads; cut each in half crosswise.
3. Open pita pockets and spread about 2 tablespoons peanut butter/honey mixture on both sides of the inside of each pita pocket.
4. Divide banana slices and chopped dates evenly among pita pockets; close sandwiches, pressing slightly to adhere.