Perfect Peppermint Patties
- 1 lb. confectioners’ sugar
- 3 T butter or margarine, softened
- 2 to 3 tsp. peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 C evaporated milk
- 2 C (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 T shortening
1. Makes about 5 dozen In a bowl, combine first four ingredients.
2. Add milk and mix well. Roll into 1-in balls and place on a waxed paper-lined cookie sheet. Chill for 20 minutes.
3. Flatten with a glass to 1/4″. Chill for 30 minutes. In a double boiler or microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening.
4. Dip patties and place on waxed paper to harden.