Sweet Sour Sauce peach and apricot preserves are the base for this easy and delicious dipping sauce.
- 1/8 cup peach preserves
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1/8 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 5 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons water
1. Place all ingredients (except water) in blender and puree until mixture is smooth.
2. Transfer to small saucepan and place over medium heat; add water; bring mixture to boil, stirring. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring often.
3. Remove from heat when sauce has thickened; cool completely.
4. Store in covered container in refrigerator.
Makes about 3/4 cup.