Piña Colada Cheesecake
- 1 2/3 cups dry fine breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream of coconut
- 1 (16 ounce) can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Combine first three ingredients; press into the bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 10−inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
2. Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in sour cream and next 6 ingredients; spoon into crust. Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour and 20 minutes; turn oven off. Sprinkle on topping; return to oven. Leave cheesecake in oven with door closed for 1 hour; then cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
1/4 cup sugar Melt butter.
Add remaining ingredients, and sauté until golden, stirring frequently.