- 1 cup of cold milk (we use 2%)
- 2 tablespoons Wondra Flour (or sifted all purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (the fresher the better)
- 1 pinch salt
- Put cold milk in small saucepan.
- Turn your burner on medium low heat.
- Whisk in your flour, sage, black pepper and salt.
- Stir often with whisk on med-low heat until mixture is thickened to a gravy consistency.
- If mixture starts to stick on bottom, reduce heat further.
- Mixture will thicken slightly more as it cools.