- 2 cups lean pork, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon sage
- 1/8 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- Place pork in large saucepan with 4 quarts water; bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook until
pork is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain, reserving 3-quarts cooking liquid.
- Grind meat fine; bring reserved liquid to a boil.
- Add sage, marjoram and black pepper.
- Gradually stir cornmeal and then flour into the boiling broth.
- Add meat, then reduce heat to low; cook for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour into 2 loaf pans; chill until firm.
- To serve, slice and fry until brown.