- 1/2 lb prepared shredded jellyfish
- 2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon white rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon white sesame seeds, toasted
1. RINSE THE JELLYFISH WELL in cold running water and drain. Put it in a stainless steel bowl and cover with boiling water.
2. Let the jellyfish sit in the water for about 15 minutes or until it is tender. Drain and continue to soak at least 6 times in several changes of cold water.
3. Drain thoroughly and blot dry with paper towels and set aside. Mix soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar and sugar in a small bowl.
4. Toss the jellyfish well in this sauce and let it sit for at least 30 minutes. Just before serving, garnish with the sesame seeds.
5. Serves 4 as part of a Chinese meal or 2 as a single dish.