Caramel Apple Tarts
- 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen puff pastry shells
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 apples (or pears), peeled, cored and thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 2/3 c caramel sauce Vanilla ice cream
1. Thaw pastry shells at room temperature 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375 F. Mix sugar and ginger and set aside.
2. Roll pastry shells into 5 inch circles on lightly floured surface. Place on 2 shallow-sided baking sheets.
3. Divide apple slices amoung pastry circles. Sprinkle each with 1 Tbsp sugar mixture. Bake 25 minutes or until pastry is golden.
4. In a small saucepan over medium heat , heat caramel sauce until warm. Spoon over tarts. Serve with ice cream.