Chile Rellenos Sandwiches
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 6 slices bread
- 3 slices Monterey jack cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 to 4 tablespoons butter or margarine Salsa (optional)
1. Mash chiles with a fork; spread on three slices of bread.
2. Top with cheese and remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and milk; dip the sandwiches.
3.Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet.
4. Cook sandwiches until golden brown on both sides and cheese is melted, adding additional butter if necessary.
Serve with salsa if desired.
Yields 3 servings.