Chocolate Truffle Loaf With Raspberry Sauce
- 2 c Heavy cream
- 3 Egg yolks; slightly beaten
- 16 oz Baker’s semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 c Lt. Karo syrup
- 1/2 c Butter
- 1/4 c Powdered sugar
- 1 ts Vanilla
- 10 oz Frozen raspberries; pureed and strained
- 1/3 c Lt. Karo corn syrup
1. Fresh raspberries for garnish Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap.
2. Mix a 1/2 C heavy cream with the egg yolks. In a 3 qt pan, melt chocolate, corn syrup and butter over medium heat.
3. Add the egg mixture and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Coll to room temperature. Beat the remaining heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla to soft peak stage. Fold into the chocolate mixture and pour into the lined pan. Refrigerate overnight. Stir the corn syrup into the raspberry puree.
4. Remove chocolate loaf from pan. Serve sliced, topped with puree, a dollop of whipped cream, and a couple of fresh raspberries.