This is an easy recipe for Christmas gifts.
- 4 ounces pecan halves
- 24 individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Cover cookies sheet with aluminum foil, shiny side exposed. Lightly grease foil with vegetable oil spray.
2. Place 3 pecan halves in a Y shape on the foil. Place 1 caramel candy in the center of each Y. Bake just until caramel is melted, about 9 to 10 minutes.
3. Heat shortening and chocolate chips over low heat just until chocolate is melted. Spread over candies and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Original recipe yield: 24 candies.