These were made by our neighbor lady in the 1950’s for Halloween treats, and they’re delicious! Try dusting them with confectioners’ sugar.
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/4 cups water, divided
- 2 cups white sugar
1. In small bowl, stir together gelatin and 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water. Set aside to set up.
2. In medium saucepan, combine sugar and remaining 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, over low heat. Stir until sugar is dissolved and let cool.
3. Combine gelatin and sugar water, and beat with electric mixer until foamy. Pour into a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish and let set. Cut into squares and serve.
Original recipe yield: 1 9×13 inch baking dish.