Frozen French fries
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups grated sharp Cheddar or Colby cheese
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 slices bread Cooked meat (ham, hamburger, corned beef, chicken, bacon, shrimp, turkey, etc.) Dash of paprika
1. Prepare frozen French fries according to package directions. Meanwhile, prepare cheese sauce by first beating egg yolks and beer together. Melt butter and cheese together over boiling water, stirring in one direction only with wooden spoon.
2. Add Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, salt and cayenne pepper. Stirring constantly, add beer/egg mixture to cheese mixture a little at a time. Keep mixture hot as you stir, but don’t let it bubble.
3. Meanwhile, toast bread. Meanwhile, preheat platter. Place toast on platter. Place meat atop toast. Cover meat with cheese sauce. Circle platter with French fries.
4. Add dash of paprika. Makes 1 serving. Tip Constant stirring and top-quality cheese will yield a smooth mixture