This candy is like the kind that people refer to as seafoam candy. It’s crunchy and has a sugary-maple flavor. Just TRY to have only one piece!
- 1 cup maple flavored syrup
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
1. Butter a 9×9 inch pan and set aside.
2. In a heavy 2 quart saucepan, combine the syrup, sugar and vinegar. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
3. Continue cooking without stirring until a candy thermometer reads 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
4. Remove from heat and quickly stir in the soda; mix well.
5. Immediately pour candy into prepared pan, Do not spread. Cool and break into pieces.
Original recipe yield: 0.5 pound.