- 1 pound bulk sausage
- 1 loaf French bread
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 6 ounces sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 6 ounces Monterey jack, shredded
1. Cook sausage in a heavy skillet until done; drain fat. Slice top off French bread lengthwise. Hollow out bottom of loaf; break into small pieces and toast to make about 3 cups bread crumbs.
2. Beat eggs until foamy; add milk, 1/3 Cheddar cheese, 1/3 Monterey Jack cheese, drained sausage and bread crumbs. Mix well.
3. Fill bottom of bread loaf with mixture. Sprinkle remaining cheeses over mixture. Pack well. Cover with bread top.
4. Wrap in foil. Bake at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes or until cheeses melt and seal the loaf together.
To serve, cut into 2-inch slices.