Sicilian Scampi large shrimp sauteed in extra-virgin olive oil with white wine, garlic and lemon.
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine (Chablis)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 6 pieces fan tail shrimp (uncooked)
- 1 tablespoon finely diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon flour (mix with 1 tablespoon water)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon finely shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/4 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded Romano cheese
- 4 slices Italian bread
- 1 tablespoon sliced green onion
- 4 black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup water, if sauce is too thick grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
1. Place olive in saucepan and heat over medium heat; add wine and lemon juice; when mixture begins to boil, add shrimp; cook until shrimp curls and are cooked through; remove shrimp from pan to dish.
2. To same saucepan, add onion, garlic and garlic salt to pan and saute until onions are transparent; do not brown. Add flour and water paste; whisk; cooking muntil thick.
3. Add cream; whisk; add cheeses, one at a time, whisking constantly after each addition. Sauce should have a medium-thick consistency and smooth. If the sauce is too thick, add a little water; whisk to blend well. Remove from heat.
4. Place 2 slices Italian bread on serving dish, crisscrossing. Arrange shrimp in the middle of bread;spoon sauce over shrimp; sprinkle with sliced green onions, olives and tomatoes. Top with a sprinkle of crushed red pepper and Parmesan cheese.