Cranberry and white chocolate cheesecake recipe
- 4 oz White chocolate, chopped 2 pk 8-oz cream cheese 3/4 c Sugar 3 Eggs 2 ts Vanilla pn Salt 3 cSour cream
- 1 c Graham cracker crumbs 2 tb Butter, melted 2 oz White chocolate, chopped
- 2 c Cranberries 1/3 c Sugar 1 ts Cornstarch Grated white chocolate for garnish if desired Crust: Stir crumbs with butter until well moistened;
1. stir in chocolate. Press into the bottom of a greased 9-inch spring form pan. Centre pan on a 20 X 14 inch piece of foil; press up tightly around side of pan. Bake in 325F oven for 8 minutes. Let cool on a rack.
2. Cake: In a double boiler melt chocolate. Let cool. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until softened. Gradually beat in sugar; beat for 3 minutes or until fluffy. On low speed, beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla, chocolate and salt; stir in sour cream. Pour onto crust.
3. Set cake pan onto a larger shallow pan; pour in enough hot water to come 1 inch up the side. Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 1/4 hours or until the edge is set but centre still jiggles slightly. Turn oven off; let cool in oven for 1 hour. Remove from larger pan and remove foil; let cool on a rack. Cover and refrigerate over night.
4. Glaze: In saucepan cook cranberries and 1/4 cup water, partially covered, just until boiling. Stir in sugar and return to a boil; cook for 2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved but berries have not popped. Drain, reserving juice and berries separately. Remove cake from pan; place on cake plate. Return juice to saucepan; blend in cornstarch. Cook, whisking, until boiling and thickened; let cool slightly. Spoon berries around edge of the cake. Spoon glaze over top. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set. Garnish with chocolate gratings.