- 1 pound Spinach
- 1/2 cup Alfalfa Sprouts
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese — crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Water
- 1 each Garlic Clove, small — minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- EVERYDAY VINAIGRETTE
* Cubed skim-milk mozzarella cheese can be used instead of crumbled Feta cheese.
Rice vinegar, cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar can be used instead of lemon juice.
Trim, wash and dry spinach. Tear into bite-sized pieces to make about 10 cups, lightly packed.
Place in salad bowl. Add alfalfa sprouts, cheese and sunflower seeds.
In small measuring cup, bowl or jar with screw top, combine oil, lemon juice,
water, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper.