- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 2 cups table cream (18% milkfat)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 over-ripe bananas Juice of
- 1 lemon
1. Beat eggs lightly Beat sugar in to eggs Melt chocolate in milk and cream When chocolate partially melted, stir in cocoa powder.
2. Continue stirring chocolate/cream mixture until hot but not quite boiling Stir hot chocolate/cream mixture in to eggs.
3. Stir in vanilla extract. Cool. When ready to make, mash bananas and lemon juice together Make chocolate mixture in ice cream maker.
4. Just before ready, add banana mixture.
Note: Use good quality, *very* ripe bananas. Otherwise your ice cream will have a strange flavor.