- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup mint chocolate chips
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Combine 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, the milk, sugar and the mint chocolate chips in a saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring with a wire whisk, until the chips are melted and mixture is smooth.
2. Remove from heat. In a medium bowl, beat the egg yolks and the salt until thick. Gradually add the chocolate mixture.
3. Beat until well blended and chill 30 minutes. Pour the chilled chocolate/egg mixture into an electric ice cream freezer; churn until thick.
4. Cover and store in freeze until ready to serve.