- 10 oz can minced clams
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dillseed
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped chives
1. Drain clams and set aside, reserving 1/2 cup clam juice. Heat butter and reserved clam juice in saucepan until mixture boils; reduce heat.
2. Add flour, stirring constantly until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a ball. Beat in eggs 1 at a time. Stir in clams, salt, pepper, dillseed, thyme, paprika and chives.
3. Drop by 1/2 teaspoonfuls into greased baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
May freeze and reheat at 350 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes.