Make your own marzipan instead of buying it. Marzipan is used to frost Christmas cakes and for candies, and all sorts of other goodies. Please note: this recipe contains raw eggs. We recommend that pregnant women, young children, the elderly and the infirm do not consume raw eggs. Important: be sure to use only fresh eggs for this recipe.
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 pound finely ground blanched almonds
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1. Blend the confectioner’s sugar, finely ground almonds, egg whites, salt ,and almond extract in a blender until perfectly blended.
2. Chill covered 24 hours to harden.
Original recipe yield: 2 cups.