The mixture for the mint centers is simple for making mints.
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 drops peppermint oil
1. In a medium bowl, cream together confectioners’ sugar and margarine. Blend in corn syrup and peppermint oil.
2. Adjust peppermint oil to taste. Chill 30 to 60 minutes, until firm enough to form into patties.
3. Shape into balls or patties and chill again for 30 minutes more.
4. Eat as is or dip in melted chocolate and chill again before serving.
Original recipe yield: 4 dozen.