Strawberry Magic Cake
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) mini marshmallows
- 1 box (2 layer) yellow cake mix, prepared according to pkg.
- 1 box (3 oz.) strawberry gelatin powder
- 1 box (16 oz) frozen sliced strawberries, slightly thawed but do not drain
- 2/3 c. cold water
1. Spread marshmallows evenly over the bottom of a greased (10 x 13) baking pan. Spread prepared cake batter evenly over marshmallows.
2. Sprinkle dry gelatin powder evenly over the cake batter. Spoon slightly thawed strawberries over gelatin powder aand then drizzle evenly with 2/3 c. water, but do not stir it up.
3. Slip cake carefully into center rack of a 350 oven to bake 55 minutes to an hour and the top is golden brown. Let cool in pan on a rack for at least 30 minutes before cutting.
4. Refrigerate leftovers. You can top with cool whip or whipped cream and add garnish of strawberries.