- 16 clams; littleneck
- 1 or mussels
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon italian parsley; minced
- 2 tablespoon parmesan cheese; freshly gra
- 1 or pecorino
- 3 tablespoon olive oil; good quality
- 4 tablespoon dry white wine; or vermouth
- 1 salt and pepper; freshly gro
- 1 or hot pepper flakes; to tas
1. Recipe by: Christmas Memories with Recipes (Edward Giobbi) Inspect the clams and discard any clam that is not completely closed or doe not close when dropped into cold water. Open the clams, loosen each one fr its shell, and reserve its liquid.
2. Discard the top shells. Place clams on thehalf shell on a baking sheet. Combine the breadcrumbs, oregano, parsley cheese, olive oil, 2 tablespoons of the wine, and salt and pepper to taste,and sprinkle a generous amount of the stuffing over the top of each clam.
3. Sremaining 2 tablespoons of wine into the bottom of the baking sheet. Preheathe broiler for about 5 minutes.
4. Then broil the clams under high heat untithe breadcrumbs begin to brown. Pour the liquid in the baking sheet over tclams and serve immediately.