Cheese filled mushroom caps breaded and deep fried until golden brown.
- 6 large button mushrooms
- 1 cup bleached flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup buttermilk vegetable oil for frying
- 1/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix (dry mix, unprepared)
1. Prepare cheese filling: In small bowl, combine cream cheese, Cheddar and dressing mix; blend well; let stand 10 minutes.
2. While filling is resting, clean mushrooms and remove stems.
3. Fill mushroom caps with filling.
4. In small bowl, combine flour, salt and cayenne pepper.
5. In separate small bowl, pour in buttermilk.
6. Dip each filled mushroom into milk, shake off excess and then dip in flour mixture, shake off excess flour; place coated mushrooms on baking sheet and place in freezer; freeze for at least 3 hours.
7. When frozen, heat oil in deep fryer to 350 degrees F. Fry frozen mushrooms 8 to 10 minutes or until golden; drain on paper towels. Serve hot.