- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled apples
- 1 1/2 cups (about 9 ozs.) pitted prunes, whole or halved
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- fresh fruits (sliced banana, apple, pineapple, orange segments)
- chopped almonds or pecans
- Combine oats, water, shredded apples, prunes, honey, lemon juice, and cinnamon.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, spoon some of the muesli into a cereal bowl.
- Top with your choice of fresh fruits and nuts.
- Serve with a dollop of plain yogurt or milk, if desired.
- Muesli can be stored in covered container in refrigerator for several days.