Cellophane noodles with shrimp and julienned vegetables tossed in a Chinese vinaigrette.
- 8 oz. bean threads (cellophane noodles)
- 1/2 lb. cooked, peeled and deveined shrimp
- julienned green onions, carrots and cucumber, for garnish
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 6 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
1. Bring medium pot of water to boil.
2. Meanwhile, soak bean threads in warm water until soft, about 15 minutes. Cut into 4-inch lengths; transfer to boiling water and cook for 1 minute; remove; drain; cool and pat dry.
3. In bowl, combine dressing ingredients; blend well. Add noodles; toss to coat completely.
4. Place noodles on serving plates in mounds; garnish with shrimp, julienned green onions, carrots, cucumber, and bean sprouts. Garnish with choppedcilantro.