Bourbon Chocolate Cake
- 1 pk Chocolate cake mix, with pudding
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 c Bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 c Water; cold
- 1/3 c Vegetable oil
- 1 pt Whipping cream
- 1/3 c Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 c Powdered sugar
- 1 ts Vanilla
- 1/2 c Bourbon
- 1 c Nuts; chopped
1. Butter and flour two 9″ round cake pans. Combine cake mix, eggs, bourbon, cold water and vegetable oil in large bowl of mixer.
2. Beat for 2 minutes on high speed until very light. Pour into pans. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until tests done. Cool in pans 10 minutes.
3. Remove. Cool completely. Split layers in half horizontally. Spread frosting over each cake layer. Sprinkle with walnuts. Stack layers.
4. Cover sides with frosting. Chill at least 2 hours. Frosting: In large mixing bowl, combine whipping cream, cocoa, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until stiff then fold in the bourbon.