Afternoon Tea Brownies
- 1 c Cake flower;
- 1/2 ts Salt;
- 1 ts Baking powder;
- 2 tb Cocoa;
- 1 oz Baking chocolate, melted;
- 1/4 c Vegetable shortening;
- 3 Eggs;
- 1/2 c Granulated sugar replacement
- 1/2 c Skim milk;
- 1/2 c Pecans, toasted and ground;
1. Sift flower, salt, baking powder and cocoa together. Pour melted chocolate over shortening and stir until completely blended.
2. Beat eggs until thick and lemon-colored; gradually add sugar replacement. Add chocolate mixture and small amount of flower mixture.
3. Beat to thoroughly blend. Add remaining flour mixture alternately with the milk. Fold in the pecans.
4. Spread in two 8-in. greased and paper-lined pans. Bake at 325 F for 17 to 20 minutes. Cut into 1 X 2 in. bars.