Fiesta Hot Chocolate
- 1/2 c Cocoa
- 1/4 c Dark Brown Sugar; Packed
- 3 ea Cloves; whole
- 2 tb Powdered Sugar Whipped Cream
- 1 tb Flour; Unbleached
- 4 c Milk
- 1 ea Cinnamon Stick;Broken In 1/2
- 1 1/2 ts Vanilla
- 4 ea Cinnamon Sticks
1. Mix cocoa and flour in 2-quart saucepan. Stir in brown sugar, milk, cloves, and 1 stick cinnamon.
2. Heat just to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes (DO NOT boil).
3. Remove from heat; remove cloves and cinnamon. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat with molinillo, wire whisk or hand beater until foamy.
4. Pour into 4 cups or mugs. Serve with whipped cream and cinnamon sticks.