- 2 cups rolled oats, divided
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons chilled margarine
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon nonfat milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grind 1 cup oats in a food processor.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and baking soda and “pulse” until blended.
- Add margarine and pulse until mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add raisins and remaining oats.
- Make a well in the center and gradually add buttermilk.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface, about 10 turns.
- Divide into 3 pieces and pat to 3/4 inch thickness. Cut each into quarters (12 scones).
- Brush with skim milk and bake in preheated oven for about 28 minutes. (May wait up to 4 hours