A tangy rub for enhancing your steak’s taste. Great for grilling.
- 1 tablespoon ancho-chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
1. In small bowl, combine all ingredients, whisking well.
2. Transfer to covered container and store in pantry.
3. To use: Prepare steaks by oiling lightly on both sides; rub 1 teaspoon of chile rub into each side and grill steak to desired doneness.
4. When grilling steaks, be sure to keep the steaks further away from the hot center of the fire — the ancho-chili powder does have a tendency to burn.